Looking for a baseball bat and thinking of Rawlings 5150? If you are wondering if it will meet your needs or not, click on it for a detailed Rawlings 5150 review!
As for baseball players, a high-quality baseball bat plays a vital role and contributes a lot to their performance. While there are many baseball brands worldwide, Rawlings is one of the best brands to provide high-quality bats for baseball players.
Rawlings offers different kinds of bats that are suitable for any baseball player. This article will mainly focus on the details of the Rawlings 5150 bat and highlight the differences from other BBCOR bats. If you are considering buying one, read this article right away for a thorough Rawlings 5150 review!
Rawlings 5150 Reviews
“New technology improvements, that will bring the player the best experience while offering the most reasonable price. “
- 1 Overall impression of the Rawlings 5150 Review
- 2 What Consumers Have To Say?
- 3 FQA’s:
Overall impression of the Rawlings 5150 Review
The Rawlings 5150 bat is a 1-piece alloy hybrid bat that is approved in any sanctioned league. This model is made from a special material with incredible durability that allows players to use it under rough training. Besides, it also has some improvements that allow the pitcher to perform better in baseball matches.
- The Rawlings 5150 is made from 5150A alloy, which the company claims is an aerospace alloy, giving the bats a firm look and incredible durability.
- Mostly focuses on “raw power”, with its sweet spot being upgraded that allows the hitter to launch more powerful swings. In addition, the bat is also provided with an ultra-light end cap that contributes to the swinging speed of the pitchers.
- This model has BBCOR certification and is suitable for all college/high school baseball and sanction leagues. Furthermore, this model’s PoP (Precision Optimized Performance) technology also helps players hit the ball even further.
Pros And Cons
- This product is an excellent model that has a quite reasonable price compared to other alloy and composite bats.
- It is also very durable, which is claimed to be long-lasting and can be used under rough and tough pieces of training.
- Players are free to use the bat right after unboxing since it doesn’t need a break-in process.
- Provided with the ultralight end cap supports swinging speed for hitters.
Basically, the disadvantage of this model is insignificant. It is less elastic in comparison with other composite bats. However, based on the price, a composite bat costs much more than a Rawlings 5150 bat. This is why we consider this product as an ideal choice for baseball players.
What About The Rawlings Technology?
When it comes to Rawlings Technology, this company offers the best technology among baseball brands. They have been working on enhancing baseball bats technology and have successfully increased the durability, improved the bat’s weight, swing, contact with the ball, and other bat features.
Some of the most popular points of Rawlings Technology:
- Tru-view: enables the customers to see the whole alloy composition from inside the bat.
- Vibration Dampening Technology (VDT): Rawlings have been working to reduce the shock that happens when the player hits the ball. This technology reduces hand injuries since it lowers the energy that the hands have to absorb and allows the hitter to release the bat easier when they run the bases.
- Precision Lasered pOp and pOp 2.0: as mentioned above, this technology feature reduces the bat’s weight without affecting its strength or durability of the bat.
- Ultra-responsive big Barrel: bats with this technology will have a larger sweet spot and a better weight distribution system. This function helps improve the experience when hitting the ball and supports you in your balance.
- Ultralight-end cap: reduces the bat’s weight for easier swings and helps players perform better in matches.
Compared To Other BBCOR Bats:
It seems that this product has an advantage over other BBCOR bats when it comes to the price. This 5150 model is an average bat but still can be put into the same class as the Easton B5 and the Marucci CAT9.
Rawlings 5150 BBCor vs. Easton B5:
In this comparison, the Easton B5 stands out, giving the players the best experience. Yet, the Easton model is much more expensive than the Rawlings one.
Rawlings 5150 vs. Marucci CAT9:
Same as the Easton B5, the Marucci CAT9 seems to be slightly better than the Rawlings 5150 since its ergonomic handle makes it more comfortable for the players. Still, the product Rawlings is remarkably cheaper and can bring you almost the same good experience.
See Also: Marucci CAT8 Reviews – Is It A Good Bat To Invest In?
What Consumers Have To Say?
There have been numerous compliments on this Rawlings model, and the majority of customers seem to be happy with what they paid for.
On Amazon, a user named “Lisa” said that her son hit twice as far as normal at practice. After a month, they were still satisfied with the bat’s quality, and her son kept hitting even further.
Another reviewer, Rob P, claimed that this Rawlings 5150 Bbcor had a nice metallic pop sound when hitting the ball, and the technology of Rawlings just kept getting better. This reviewer seems to enjoy the bat very well and also emphasized that this Rawlings model has a very reasonable price for its quality.
Even a customer said that his/her son had never hit a home run before getting this bat. Also, the customer was really impressed with how light the bat was.
Does this bat need to be broken in?
Rawlings products don’t require a “break-in” period, which means you can immediately use it right after unboxing. However, it is highly recommended to get used to the bat before using it in serious matches.
Is the Rawlings 5150 bat legal?
Yes, It is legal and was approved in sanctioned leagues.
See Also: Everything You Need To Know About Bat Size For 7-17 Year Old
After this Rawlings 5150 review, we can conclude that this product is a must-have model for players who are looking for a light bat. This is not an outstanding product but can be the most suitable baseball bat within the $100 price range. With new technology improvements, the Rawlings 5150 Bbcor bat will bring the player the best experience while offering the most reasonable price.
Therefore, this product is highly recommended for daily practice and is suitable for beginners or intermediates.